OxygenOS 5.0.2 updates for the OnePlus 5T, yes you heard right. OnePlus gets Android 8.0 Oreo-Based OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA update, OnePlus 5 receivers it as well..
The Software update will be available through an OTA download. Some minor core application changes done by OxygenOS 5.0.2 updates. In other hand, OnePlus 5 has Android 8.0 Oreo, almost receives same updates with new features.
here is the system logs:
Upgraded Android Version to Oreo (8.0)
- New design for Quick Settings
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- Updated Launcher to v2.2
- Updated Gallery to v2.0
- Updated Weather to v1.9
- Updated File Manager to v1.7.6
Few bit interesting Change logs by OnePlus Team in this update:
- OnePlus Team adjusted the volume for headsets to better align with European voltage regulations, this may seem a bit lower volume to some.
- OnePlus Team added APK called Mkey, This is a font resource that was provided officially for India for local font compatibility needs. This can be uninstalled by users if not needed or wanted, but they are required to provide it.
Even OnePlus 3T is also experiencing the new changes, Android 8.0 Oreo – Based OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA
here is my screenshot for OnePlus 3T >>
Few Security patches would like to discuss with readers:
What is CVE-2017-13218 ?
CVE stand for Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures
Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) is a catalog of known security threats. The catalog is sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and threats are divided into two categories: vulnerabilities and exposures.
CVE-ID patched by OnePlus Team is CVE-2017-13218
Access to CNTVCT_EL0 could be used for side channel attacks. This could lead to local information disclosure with no additional execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation. Product: Android. Versions: Android kernel. Android ID: A-68266545
This Vulnerability is currently undergoing analysis.
Hope you like it, latest recent updates about OnePlus and team.. please let us know your review below..
Thank you !